    for a TargetControlID that will trigger the popup but the button field
    in the grid does not have an ID.

    Doug

    SE.Computerguy, Sep 10, 2007

  2. SE.Computerguy

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    Hi,

    why don't you use Button control directly on grid (instead of ButtonField)?

    Teemu Keiski, Sep 10, 2007

  3. SE.Computerguy

    Ralf Kaiser Guest

    Hi,

    you can use an invisible button for the TargetControlID. Just place a button
    on your form and set "display: none;" in the style of the button (or assign
    a CSS class that hides it). After that you can call the "show()" method of
    the modal popup from your event.

    Note that you cannot use "Button.Visible = false" because that would not
    render the button to the output HTML!

    Ciao,
    Ralf

    Ralf Kaiser, Sep 11, 2007
  4. I guess I did not completely explain what I am doing. I have a select
    button in the grid so the user can select a row in the grid and on the
    event I pass that row of data to another, modal, window. I want to
    replace the existing window.showModalDialog call I have with the AJAX
    modal window.
    In a template field I can add a button but in order to have the modal
    window open on the select button event I would need to tie it to the
    button_click event for the AJAX modal to open.

    SE.Computerguy, Sep 11, 2007
  5. I need reference to the row of data that is being selected. If I don't
    use the select button I don't get it.

    SE.Computerguy, Sep 11, 2007