AJAX Modal Popup disappearance

Samuel Rhodes

hi
i am using a ajax modal popup to allow the user to search an item and select
the required item from the list.

whenever i try to search the item, which causes a post back....the modal
popup disappears/becomes invisible...

in general, any postback fired from within the modal popup makes the modal
popup disappear.

any clue...why...and how can i avoid it.

-sami

Lloyd Sheen

Samuel Rhodes said:
hi
i am using a ajax modal popup to allow the user to search an item and
select the required item from the list.

whenever i try to search the item, which causes a post back....the modal
popup disappears/becomes invisible...

in general, any postback fired from within the modal popup makes the modal
popup disappear.

any clue...why...and how can i avoid it.

-sami

I think the "general" purpose of the control is to allow a modal popup and
then dismiss it when the action or whatever the popup allows is complete. I
use it for a logon to database and had the same problem if the connection
was not made then I did not want the dialog to disappear. I am not close to
my source code but there are Hide and Show methods for the modal dialog
extender that can be used from the code behind to control the visiblitity of
the modal popup. These methods are "new" so go to the MS page that hosts
the AJAX Toolkit and ensure you have the latest version.

Lloyd Sheen