An error has occurred because a control with auto-generated id '...'could not be located to raise a

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Achim Domma (SyynX Solutions GmbH), Mar 6, 2006.

  1. Hi,

    in my application I suddenly get the error:

    "An error has occurred because a control with auto-generated id
    'main:institutionManagement:institutionOverview' could not be located to
    raise a postback event. To avoid this error, explicitly set the ID
    property of controls that raise postback events."

    The exception is thrown in Page.ProcessPostData. I fully understand the
    message, but my control does not have an auto-generated id!?

    The controls 'main' and 'institutionManagement' are ascx files,
    'institutionOverview' is a templated databound Web Custom Control which
    implementes IPostBackEventHandler.

    So I have no idea what causes this error? I have the controls already
    seen working and I have no glue what I have changed since.

    Any hint would be really appreciated.

    regards,
    Achim

    Achim Domma (SyynX Solutions GmbH), Mar 6, 2006