Anchors not working

Paul S.

Hello,

I have some basic anchor links set up.

They work fine, but in some versions of I.E. they dont work, they just load
a page saying 'page could not be displayed'... any idea why?

again, the anchors work fine for most browsers.

thanks,

rf

Paul S. said:
Hello,

I have some basic anchor links set up.

They work fine, but in some versions of I.E. they dont work, they just load
a page saying 'page could not be displayed'... any idea why?

again, the anchors work fine for most browsers.

You have misspelt the href (hint: case sensitivity)

If that is an incorrect guess then I have no bloody idea as my crystal ball
is broken. URL?

Els

Paul said:
Hello,

I have some basic anchor links set up.

They work fine, but in some versions of I.E. they dont
work, they just load a page saying 'page could not be
displayed'... any idea why?

again, the anchors work fine for most browsers.

And you really didn't think of supplying a url so we could check
what's wrong?
My chrystal ball says it's either backslashes in the link
addresses, or else different case letters.
I don't really believe in chrystal balls though...

Paul S.

--

here is the code

<A HREF="#details">Details</A>

<a name="details"></a>

Els

Paul said:
here is the code

<A HREF="#details">Details</A>

<a name="details"></a>

Well, that's very helpful.
Where and on which page are these two anchors located?
What happens if you change the word name to id?

Webcastmaker

Pauls1945 said:
They work fine, but in some versions of I.E. they dont work, they just load
a page saying 'page could not be displayed'... any idea why?

Yes, I used my ESP to figure out your issue. Please use your ESP to
read my mind for the reply.