[ANN] amalgalite 0.6.0 Released

Jeremy Hinegardner

amalgalite version 0.6.0 has been released.

gem install amalgalite

http://copiousfreetime.rubyforge.org/amalgalite/

Amalgalite embeds the SQLite database engine in a ruby extension. There is no
need to install SQLite separately.

Look in the examples/ directory to see

* general usage
* blob io
* schema information
* custom functions
* custom aggregates
* requiring ruby code from a database

Also Scroll through Amalgalite::Database for a quick example, and a general
overview of the API.

I also wrote up a blog post on how to write SQL functions (both scalar and
aggregate).

http://copiousfreetime.org/articles/2009/01/10/writing-sql-functions-in-ruby.html

{{ Release notes for Version 0.6.0 }}

=== Major Enhancements

* Added ability to define custom SQL functions implemented in Ruby
* Added ability to define custom SQL aggregates implemented in Ruby
* Added support for Ruby busy handlers
* Added database 'interrupt' support
* Added support for Ruby progress handlers

=== Minor Enhancement

* update to SQLite version 3.6.7

enjoy,

-jeremy

James Gray

=== Major Enhancements

* Added ability to define custom SQL functions implemented in Ruby
* Added ability to define custom SQL aggregates implemented in Ruby
* Added support for Ruby busy handlers
* Added database 'interrupt' support
* Added support for Ruby progress handlers

Jeremy loves me. He forgot to mention it, but this is the just-for-
James-release. :D

Thanks Jeremy. I love you back!

James Edward Gray II

Jeremy Hinegardner

Jeremy loves me. He forgot to mention it, but this is the
just-for-James-release. :D

Well not completely, I've been meaning to give amalgalite some love for a while.
You did spur it a bit though.
Thanks Jeremy. I love you back!

Thanks James, its all about the ruby love :).
Glad to help out. Let me know how things go.

enjoy,

-jeremy