[ANN] Dabo 0.8.2 Released

Ed Leafe

We are pleased to announce the release of Dabo 0.8.2, the latest
version of our desktop application framework. It is available on our
download page: http://dabodev.com/download

If you're not familiar with Dabo, it is the leading framework for
building desktop applications in Python. You can get more information
about Dabo on our website: http://dabodev.com

Probably the biggest change is in the way we will be handling
updates and releases. We will no longer maintain separate 'stable'
and 'development' versions, as the 'stable' got out-of-date so
quickly that the name became ironic. Instead, we will only have a
single development branch.

What's made this possible is the incorporation of Web Update into
the framework. This will check our servers regularly for updates, and
notify you if any are available. If you want to grab those updates,
you simply need to click the 'OK' button, and your framework is
updated for you. Of course, nothing is ever updated without you
knowing about it, and you can turn the whole thing off if you so desire.

We are also including DaboDemo and the visual tools in the download,
instead of making you grab those separately. We plan on integrating
Web Update-like features into these in the near future.

As usual, there have been a bunch of minor changes and bugfixes;
instead of including them here, you can see them at: http://
svn.dabodev.com/dabo/tags/dabo-0.8.2/ChangeLog

-- Ed Leafe
-- http://leafe.com
-- http://dabodev.com

Dennis Lee Bieber

We are also including DaboDemo and the visual tools in the download,
instead of making you grab those separately. We plan on integrating
Web Update-like features into these in the near future.
Let's see if I have this right before doing an "empty trash"... I
can delete the directory I had for "stable" (containing three
TortoiseSVN enabled subdirectories: Dabo, DaboIDE, DaboDemo), along with
the DaboIDE and DaboDemo subdirectories I had under "dev"...
--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber KD6MOG
HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/

Ed Leafe

Let's see if I have this right before doing an "empty trash"... I
can delete the directory I had for "stable" (containing three
TortoiseSVN enabled subdirectories: Dabo, DaboIDE, DaboDemo), along
with
the DaboIDE and DaboDemo subdirectories I had under "dev"...

That's right. The 'stable' branches are still available in
Subversion, but only read-only. No changes will be made to these from
now on.

You can continue to use Subversion if you wish, but note that the
URLs have changed, since the framework, demo and visual tools are all
in the same trunk:

svn checkout http://svn.dabodev.com/dabo/trunk/dabo
svn checkout http://svn.dabodev.com/dabo/trunk/ide
svn checkout http://svn.dabodev.com/dabo/trunk/demo