[ANN] European Ruby Conference, Euruko 05, Munich, October 15 and 16

armin

Dear all,

Euruko 05 will be in Munich, October 15 and 16

Location
Room 2.07 of Sulzer GmbH in Munich, Frankfurter Ring 162.

Audience
Everybody interested in Ruby is most welcome!

Fee
Like last year we will collect a minimal fee of 20 euros.

Please sign up here, as we will spend last year's income to make some
T-shirts
and to get some drinks for the conference.

http://www.approximity.com/cgi-bin/europeRuby/tiki.cgi?c=v&p=Euruko05

Please also sign up if you want to give a talk.

We thank Sulzer GmbH for letting us use their office space and all
other support.

Hope to see many of you,
-Armin, Sven, Michael and Stefan

James Britt

Dear all,

Euruko 05 will be in Munich, October 15 and 16

Location
Room 2.07 of Sulzer GmbH in Munich, Frankfurter Ring 162.

Audience
Everybody interested in Ruby is most welcome!

I envy you guys, and encourage everyone to try to attend.

I went last year and had a great time.

http://www.ruby-doc.org/EuRuKo2004Pix/

Sadly, I do not see way to make overseas this year.

Enjoy!

James

Hal Fulton

Euruko 05 will be in Munich, October 15 and 16

Excellent! I won't be there except in spirit. :)

But I am saving my nickels and will try to go
in 2006. Ich muss meinen deutsch ueben... and I
probably said even that wrong.

Do try to blog about what happens here, or at least
give us some slides and pix as always.

Cheers,
Hal

James Britt

Hal said:
Excellent! I won't be there except in spirit. :)

But I am saving my nickels and will try to go
in 2006. Ich muss meinen deutsch ueben... and I
probably said even that wrong.

The lack of a trip to Bavaria this year means it is more likely I'll get
there next year, though I confess that a large motivation is to see
family, not fellow Rubyists, so the timing may not be quite right.

Question for Armin: Why the choice of October for the conference? I
believe that Munich weather starts tending toward the more cold and damp
by then (I recall there being too much rain last year when I was Kempten
for a few weeks in October).
Do try to blog about what happens here, or at least
give us some slides and pix as always.

Yes, please do. Slides, pix, MP3s can find a home at ruby-doc.org.

James

armin

Question for Armin: Why the choice of October for the conference? I
believe that Munich weather starts tending toward the more cold and damp
by then (I recall there being too much rain last year when I was Kempten
for a few weeks in October).
This year I got the feeling that the weather in Munich is always best.
Relocation to a nicer
country might be the only solution :).

We did not want to upset anybody with the date clash with the US
Rubyconf .. it simply
turned out that way .. taking many factors into account like holidays,
room availability,
birthdays, etc.

See hopefully many of you.