[ANN] ftputil 3.0a1 released

Stefan Schwarzer

ftputil 3.0a1 is now available from
http://ftputil.sschwarzer.net/download .

Changes since version 2.8
-------------------------

Note: This version of ftputil is _not_ backward-compatible
with earlier versions.See the links below for information
on adapting existing client code.

- This version adds Python 3 compatibility! :)

The same source is used for Python 2.x and Python 3.x.

I had to change the API to find a good compromise for
both Python versions.

- ftputil now requires at least Python 2.6.

- Remote file-like objects use the same semantics as Python's
`io` module. (This is the same as for the built-in `open`
function in Python 3.)

- `ftputil.ftp_error` was renamed to `ftputil.error`.

- For custom parsers, import `ftputil.parser` instead of
`ftputil.stat`.

For more information please read
http://ftputil.sschwarzer.net/trac/wiki/WhatsNewInFtputil3.0
http://ftputil.sschwarzer.net/trac/wiki/PreReleaseDocumentation

What is ftputil?
----------------

ftputil is a high-level FTP client library for the Python programming
language. ftputil implements a virtual file system for accessing FTP
servers, that is, it can generate file-like objects for remote files.
The library supports many functions similar to those in the os,
os.path and shutil modules. ftputil has convenience functions for
conditional uploads and downloads, and handles FTP clients and servers
in different timezones.

License
-------

ftputil is Open Source software, released under the revised BSD
license (see http://opensource.org/licenses/BSD-3-Clause ).

Stefan