[ANN] hoe-gemspec 1.0.0 Released

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Mike Dalessio, Sep 3, 2010.

    hoe-gemspec version 1.0.0 has been released!

    * <http://github.com/flavorjones/hoe-gemspec>

    Generate a prerelease gemspec based on a Hoe spec.

    == FEATURES/PROBLEMS:

    Creates a rake task to generate a prerelease gemspec based on your Hoe.spec:

    * `gem:spec`

    Why would you want to do this? I mean, why would anyone want to generate a
    prerelease gemspec?

    * to allow users of your library to build their project off of master
    quickly, without having to clone or fork your repository, e.g., with
    Bundler.

    == SYNOPSIS:

    Just add the following line to your Rakefile before you call `Hoe.spec`:

    Hoe.plugin :gemspec

    And then run the following command to generate a gemspec:

    rake gem:spec

    And then checkin the generated gemspec file to your version control system
    of choice.

    Mike Dalessio, Sep 3, 2010