[ANN] Irbtools 1.0.0 released

Jan Lelis

Irbtools 1.0.0 has been released. Irbtools is a meta gem that installs
useful irb gems and configures your irb. It's easy to use and much more
fun than a vanilla irb ;).

This latest release focused on decreasing the annoying start-up time
caused by loading too much libraries, so it offers multiple loading
methods, including autoload and threads.

The default set of gems includes
* hirb <http://tagaholic.me/2009/03/13/hirb-irb-on-the-good-stuff.html>
* wirb <https://github.com/janlelis/wirb/>
* fancy_irb <https://github.com/janlelis/fancy_irb>
* awesome_print <https://github.com/michaeldv/awesome_print>
* interactive_editor <https://github.com/jberkel/interactive_editor>
* ori <https://github.com/dadooda/ori>
* clipboard <https://github.com/janlelis/clipboard>
* methodfinder <https://github.com/citizen428/methodfinder>
...and more ;)

Check it out at https://github.com/janlelis/irbtools

By the way, thanks to all irbtools users for using it :)

J-_-L

Markus Fischer

Hi,

Irbtools 1.0.0 has been released. Irbtools is a meta gem that installs
useful irb gems and configures your irb. It's easy to use and much more
fun than a vanilla irb ;).

thanks, very useful indeed!

I'm working on a terminal with dark background color and the default
rocket prompt in blue was barely readable. You can change that with

FancyIrb.options[:colorize][:rocket_prompt] = :cyan # or whatever ;)

I initially though this was a wirb issue and pestered it's author who
was kind enough to provide me with this line (coincidentally he's the
author of FancyIrb too, so ... :)

- Markus