[ANN] kwaff1.0.0 - a pretty tool to make XML as easy as YAML to read/write

Makoto Kuwata

Hi,

I have released Kwaff 1.0.0.
http://www.kuwata-lab.com/kwaff/

Kwaff is a pretty tool to convert Kwaff format document
into XML document, and also convert XML into Kwaff.
Kwaff format is very friendly for human to read and write
than XML. It makes XML as easy as YAML to read and write.

Example:

example.kwaff
--------------------
* html
- lang = en
* body
* h1 = Title
* ul
- class = foo
* li = text1
* li = text2
--------------------

convert:
====================
$ kwaff example.kwaff > example.xml
====================

example.xml
--------------------
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<h1>Title</h1>
<ul class="foo">
<li>text1</li>
<li>text2</li>
</ul>
--------------------

See users' guide and examples for detail about Kwaff format.

* Kwaff Users' Guide
http://www.kuwata-lab.com/kwaff/users-guide.html

* Kwaff Examples
http://www.kuwata-lab.com/kwaff/examples.html

James Britt

Makoto said:
Hi,

I have released Kwaff 1.0.0.
http://www.kuwata-lab.com/kwaff/

Kwaff is a pretty tool to convert Kwaff format document
into XML document, and also convert XML into Kwaff.
Kwaff format is very friendly for human to read and write
than XML. It makes XML as easy as YAML to read and write.

I looked at the guide, but didn't see anything about entities. How does
it handle them?

And is there a mechanism for validation against a Kwaff DTD or schema
(or the equivalent)?

Thanks,

James

Makoto Kuwata

Thanks James,

James said:
I looked at the guide, but didn't see anything about entities. How does
it handle them?

Currently not supported.
I'll support it in the future.
And is there a mechanism for validation against a Kwaff DTD or schema
(or the equivalent)?

No.
I don't have a plan to support it, because Kwaff is not a
XML parser (it is just a converter into XML to make it
easy for human to read/write XML) and I don't have enough
skill to embed schema mechanism in Kwaff.