[ANN] Linguistics-1.01

Michael Granger

Hi fellow Rubyists,

I'd like to announce the first release of the Linguistics module, a
generic, language-neutral framework for extending Ruby objects with
methods for natural language generation.

It includes an English-language module with methods for pluralization,
conjunctions, indefinite articles, present participles, ordinal
numbers, numbers to words, and general quantification, as well as a
mechanism that makes it easy to add such features for other languages.

RAA: http://raa.ruby-lang.org/list.rhtml?name=linguistics
Project page: http://www.deveiate.org/code/linguistics.shtml

Future releases will add more English linguistic functions, improved
documentation, and additional tests.

Suggestions, feature requests, and patches welcomed.

Thanks,

why the lucky stiff

Wonderful. I really like your `Linguistics::use( :en )' idiom for
politely adding to common classes. You've got a nice, clean, shiny API
there, m'boy.

_why

Martin DeMello

Michael Granger said:
I'd like to announce the first release of the Linguistics module, a
generic, language-neutral framework for extending Ruby objects with
methods for natural language generation.

Very nice! I'm looking forward to playing with this.

martin