[ANN] Mechanize - 0.6.3 (Big Man)

Aaron Patterson

Mechanize version 0.6.3 (Big Man) is now available.

= Description
The Mechanize library is used for automating interaction with websites.
Mechanize automatically stores and sends cookies, follows redirects, can
follow links, and submit forms. Form fields can be populated and
submitted. Mechanize also keeps track of the sites that you have visited
as a history.

= Example
# This searches google for "Ruby" and prints the results
require 'rubygems'
require 'mechanize'

agent = WWW::Mechanize.new

agent.get("http://www.google.com/").form("f") { |f|
f.q = "Ruby"
}.submit.search("//a[@class='l']").each { |l| puts l.all_text }

= Release Notes

Mechanize 0.6.3 (Big Man) has a few bug fixes and some new features added to
the Form class. The Form class is now more hash like. I've added an
Form#add_field! method that will add a field to your form. Form#[]= will now
add a field if the key doesn't exist. For example, your form doesn't have
an input field named 'foo', the following 2 lines of code are equivalent, and
will create a field named 'foo':
form['foo'] = 'bar'
or
form.add_field!('foo', 'bar')
To make forms more hashlike, has_value?, and has_key? methods.

= CHANGELOG

* Added keys and values methods to Form
* Added has_value? to Form
* Added a has_field? method to Form
* The add_field! method on Form now creates a field for you on the form.
Thanks to Mat Schaffer for the patch.
http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/mechanize-users/2006-November/000025.html
* Fixed a bug when form actions have html ecoded entities in them.
http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/mechanize-users/2006-October/000019.html
* Fixed a bug when links or frame sources have html encoded entities in the
href or src.
* Fixed a bug where '#' symbols are encoded
http://rubyforge.org/forum/message.php?msg_id=14747