[ANN] nokogiri 1.4.5 Released

Mike Dalessio

Nokogiri 1.4.5 ("Lolwut Edition"), has been released! It's been six months
since
the last exciting drop of Nokogiri. We've got a ton of bugfixes that you al=
have been waiting desperately for.

Please note, particularly the peeps in JRubyland, that this is scheduled to
be
the last point-release on the 1.4 branch. As we announced in June 2010, thi=
means we're discontinuing support for the FFI+LibXML codebase. It'll be Jav=
all
the way down starting in 1.5.

## NOKOGIRI

* <http://nokogiri.org>
* <http://github.com/tenderlove/nokogiri/wikis>
* <http://github.com/tenderlove/nokogiri/tree/master>
* <http://groups.google.com/group/nokogiri-talk>
* <http://github.com/tenderlove/nokogiri/issues>

Nokogiri (=E9=8B=B8) is an HTML, XML, SAX, and Reader parser. Among Nokogi=
ri's
many features is the ability to search documents via XPath or CSS3
selectors.

XML is like violence - if it doesn=E2=80=99t solve your problems, you are n=
ot using
enough of it.

### CHANGES IN 1.4.5

* New Features

* Nokogiri::HTML::Document#title accessor gets and sets the document
title.
* extracted sets of Node::SaveOptions into
Node::SaveOptions::DEFAULT_{X,H,XH}TML (refactor)
* Raise an exception if a string is passed to
Nokogiri::XML::Schema#validate. #406

* Bugfixes

* Node#serialize-and-friends now accepts a SaveOption object as the, erm,
save
object.
* Nokogiri::CSS::parser has-a Nokogiri::CSS::Tokenizer
* [JRUBY+FFI only] Weak references are now threadsafe. #355
* Make direct start_element() callback (currently used for
HTML::SAX::parser)
pass attributes in assoc array, just as emulated start_element()
callback
does. #356
* HTML::SAX::parser should call back a block given to parse*() if any,
just as
XML::SAX::parser does.
* Add further encoding detection to HTML parser that libxml2 does not do.
* Document#remove_namespaces! now handles attributes with namespaces. #39=
6
* XSLT::Stylesheet#transform no longer segfaults when handed a
non-XML::Document. #452
* XML::Reader no longer segfaults when under GC pressure. #439