[ANN] nokogiri 1.0.6 Released

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Aaron Patterson, Nov 17, 2008.

  1. nokogiri version 1.0.6 has been released!

    * <http://nokogiri.rubyforge.org/>
    * <http://github.com/tenderlove/nokogiri/wikis>
    * <http://github.com/tenderlove/nokogiri/tree/master>
    * <http://nokogiri.lighthouseapp.com/projects/19607-nokogiri/overview>

    Nokogiri (鋸) is an HTML, XML, SAX, and Reader parser.

    Changes:

    ### 1.0.6

    * 5 Bugfixes

    * XPath Parser raises a SyntaxError on parse failure
    * CSS Parser raises a SyntaxError on parse failure
    * filter() and not() hpricot compatibility added
    * CSS searches via Node#search are now always relative
    * CSS to XPath conversion is now cached

    ## FEATURES:

    * XPath support for document searching
    * CSS3 selector support for document searching
    * XML/HTML builder
    * Drop in replacement for Hpricot (though not bug for bug)

    Nokogiri parses and searches XML/HTML very quickly, and also has
    correctly implemented CSS3 selector support as well as XPath support.

    Here is a speed test:

    * http://gist.github.com/22176

    Nokogiri also features an Hpricot compatibility layer to help ease the change
    to using correct CSS and XPath.

    ## SUPPORT:

    The Nokogiri mailing list is available here:

    The bug tracker is available here:

    * http://nokogiri.lighthouseapp.com/projects/19607-nokogiri/overview

    ## SYNOPSIS:

    require 'nokogiri'
    require 'open-uri'

    doc = Nokogiri::HTML(open('http://www.google.com/search?q=tenderlove'))

    ####
    # Search for nodes by css
    doc.css('h3.r a.l').each do |link|
    puts link.content
    end

    ####
    # Search for nodes by xpath
    doc.xpath('//h3/a[@class="l"]').each do |link|
    puts link.content
    end

    ####
    # Or mix and match.
    doc.search('h3.r a.l', '//h3/a[@class="l"]').each do |link|
    puts link.content
    end

    Aaron Patterson, Nov 17, 2008

  2. Aaron Patterson

    Mark Thomas Guest

    Can the Reader interface do stream parsing à la StaX? I couldn't tell
    from the docs.

    thanks,
    -- Mark.

    Mark Thomas, Nov 17, 2008

  3. Not yet. The normal doc parser will do streams right now. SAX/Reader
    stream parsing is next on my list. ;-)

    Aaron Patterson, Nov 18, 2008