[ANN] nokogiri 1.4.6 released!

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Mike Dalessio, Jun 20, 2011.

  1. Nokogiri 1.4.6 ("Y U NO SUPPORT 1.8.6?" Edition), has been released!

    It's been three days since the last release, and it turns out we
    broke Ruby 1.8.6 support, semi-intentionally. We first announced
    deprecation of 1.8.6 in May 2010, and included a deprecation
    warning starting in Nokogiri 1.4.3 (July 2010).

    It turns out that hardly anybody bothers to run their tests with
    the "-w" flag, so this apparently took some people by surprise
    when Nokogiri 1.4.5 was released broken on Ruby 1.8.6.

    On the other hand, we really did break Nokogiri on 1.8.6 pretty
    badly, thereby stranding lots (at least one) Windows Ruby user
    who's still on 1.8.6.

    So, let's call it even. This release restores 1.8.6 support in
    the Nokogiri 1.4 branch. And it will be very last release of
    Nokogiri 1.4.x. This time, I mean it.

    ## NOKOGIRI

    * <http://nokogiri.org>
    * <http://github.com/tenderlove/nokogiri/wikis>
    * <http://github.com/tenderlove/nokogiri/tree/master>
    * <http://groups.google.com/group/nokogiri-talk>
    * <http://github.com/tenderlove/nokogiri/issues>

    Nokogiri (=E9=8B=B8) is an HTML, XML, SAX, and Reader parser. Among Nokogi=
    ri's
    many features is the ability to search documents via XPath or CSS3
    selectors.

    XML is like violence - if it doesn=E2=80=99t solve your problems, you are n=
    ot using
    enough of it.

    ### CHANGES IN 1.4.6

    * Notes

    * This version is functionally identical to 1.4.5.
    * Ruby 1.8.6 support has been restored.

    Mike Dalessio, Jun 20, 2011