ANN: Python's turtle module: collection of examples + demoViewer

Gregor Lingl

Hi all,

A few days ago I've created a repository of turtle graphics
demos/applications, that use Python's new turtle module.
You can find it at at google code:

http://python-turtle-demo.googlecode.com

There are two versions of the collection: one for use with Python 3.1
and one for use with Python 2.5 / 2.6. The latter contains a

*** backport of version 1.1 of the turtle module ***
*** (from Python 3.1) to Python 2.5 / 2.6 ***

Among others it contains all the examples I have demonstrated
at Pycon 2009 and at EuroPython 2009.

Moreover it contains the demoViewer (which is also in the source
distribution of CPython) that lets you select the examples via a menu,
display their source code and execute them in parallel.

If you are interested to amend some of these examples, add some
explanatory material or contribute additional examples, please tell
me so I could add you as a committer to the project.

I'd be glad to expand the repository whith interesting examples
and applications using the turtle module.

If you have questions concerning the examples, feel free to ask
here or ask me directly via my email-address.

I hope this collection will prove to be useful.

Best regards,
Gregor

P.S.: I tried to announce it at comp.lang.python.announce
but for some unknown reason it was not accepted there