[ANN] rbeautify 0.0.3

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Roger Pack, Jul 8, 2009.

  1. Roger Pack

    Roger Pack Guest

    ruby_beautifier/code prettifier.

    What it does:
    you run rbeautify ill-aligned code, like
    def go
    if 3
    end
    end

    and it converts said file to

    def go
    if 3
    end
    end

    Quite convenient for those of us working on the command line. It also
    helps you find indentation mismatches [i.e. missing $end's] by cleaning
    up the code so you can see where, and warning you where it sees a
    problem.

    Many thanks to the original author [I just gemif-ied his existing
    script].
    http://www.arachnoid.com/ruby/rubyBeautifier.html

    Synopsis:
    gem sources -a http://gems.github.com
    sudo gem install rogerdpack-rbeautify

    rbeautify <script name>

    Comments welcome.
    Thanks!
    =r

    Roger Pack, Jul 8, 2009

  2. Roger Pack

    jonty Guest

    Thanks roger this promises to please me a lot

    However the ri install fails on windows - 'no such file or directory - lib'

    I will feedback when i have used it!

    jonty, Jul 9, 2009

  3. Roger Pack

    jonty Guest

    Hi

    sorry to say the gem doesn't install properly on windows xp - although
    the file is there in the appropriate folder rubygems doesn't know its there

    also line 72 had a stray ' so the rest of the file was seen as a string
    - not sure I follow the code to know what is right there though

    Hope this helps

    jonty, Jul 9, 2009
  4. Roger Pack

    Roger Pack Guest

    However the ri install fails on windows - 'no such file or directory -
    lib'

    Appears that older versions of ri didn't my gem. I've uploaded a new
    version which has a dependency on a newer version of rdoc, which might
    help.
    Does it work now?
    I assume that was a stray ' in your own code? [If so remove it and
    re-run rbeautify :) ]

    Let me know if it doesn't work.
    Thanks.
    =r