[ANN] rbeautify 0.0.3

Roger Pack

ruby_beautifier/code prettifier.

What it does:
you run rbeautify ill-aligned code, like
def go
if 3
end
end

and it converts said file to

def go
if 3
end
end

Quite convenient for those of us working on the command line. It also
helps you find indentation mismatches [i.e. missing $end's] by cleaning
up the code so you can see where, and warning you where it sees a
problem.

Many thanks to the original author [I just gemif-ied his existing
script].
http://www.arachnoid.com/ruby/rubyBeautifier.html

Synopsis:
gem sources -a http://gems.github.com
sudo gem install rogerdpack-rbeautify

rbeautify <script name>

Comments welcome.
Thanks!
=r

jonty

Thanks roger this promises to please me a lot

However the ri install fails on windows - 'no such file or directory - lib'

I will feedback when i have used it!

jonty

Hi

sorry to say the gem doesn't install properly on windows xp - although
the file is there in the appropriate folder rubygems doesn't know its there

also line 72 had a stray ' so the rest of the file was seen as a string
- not sure I follow the code to know what is right there though

Hope this helps

Roger Pack

However the ri install fails on windows - 'no such file or directory -
lib'

Appears that older versions of ri didn't my gem. I've uploaded a new
version which has a dependency on a newer version of rdoc, which might
help.
sorry to say the gem doesn't install properly on windows xp - although
the file is there in the appropriate folder rubygems doesn't know its
there

Does it work now?
also line 72 had a stray ' so the rest of the file was seen as a string
- not sure I follow the code to know what is right there though

I assume that was a stray ' in your own code? [If so remove it and
re-run rbeautify :) ]

Let me know if it doesn't work.
Thanks.
=r