[ANN] RDE 1.0.0 released

sakazuki

Hi.

I released RDE 1.0.0.
RDE is the development environment for ruby on windows.
You can edit, run and debug your scripts quickly and easily.
RDE debugger is the GUI wrapper of debug.rb.
RDE editor has functions that syntax coloring, autocomplete and etc.

Please try it.
http://homepage2.nifty.com/sakazuki/rde_e.html

Changes is below.

== 2005-09-23 1.0.0

* Color print
* Share history of quick index
* UnicodeLE, UnicodeBE, UTF8, UTF8N
* Mark correspondent paren
* Add mouse gesture
* Add Attached Area
* Add Wordwrap in Console Window
* Add Regexp option in Search and Replace
* Add small button in CodeExplorer
* Remake Option Form
* Add Auto Adjust size of tabspace
* Add Fountain(Text, XML, Mail, JSP, VBScript, Python, JScript, BCC)
* Add CancelOption for EditorView
* Fix coloring in Regular expression and multiline
* Change Splitter like Netscape
* Change Combobox to Menu in CodeExplorer
* Add StayOnTop on ConsoleWindow, VariableWindow
* Add Customized ToolBar
* Add result of quick index in Goto.
* Enable send Ctrl+C and Ctrl+Break.
* Enable send EOF.
* Rename key configuration file (from *.key to *.ini)
* Refactering translation files.(English.xml, Japanese.xml)

Greg Lorriman

thanks, sakazuki. Looks marvellous.

Anyone used this program? How does it compare to the other IDEs?

Greg

umitanuki

I guess you can compile it for Linux from the source he gives online,
since that is written in Delphi so Kylix is supposed to be helpful.
Isn't it???

umitanuki

sakazuki

Hello

I have no plan of Linux version. I have not used GUI on Linux.

I registerd the latest sources in sourceforge CVS.
Maybe, Anyone can make a Linux vesion.

murphy

Oh, this is SO great. My beloved RDE. Finally, debugging works as it
should!
An explorer context menu in the status bar - I see, there is again much
to discover.

Your RDE is a big plus for everyone with RubyOnWindows.
Thank you, keep up the work!

daz

murphy said:
An explorer context menu in the status bar -
I see, there is again much to discover.

Dude, that's been there, forever :)
- Who'd have thought of that ?

daz

michele

Very nice!

One thing I can't find is the "Block Comment" command (Ctrl-Q in
SciTE), which is something I really need.

How do you remove the thick line under class and def?

Sometimes it's easier to read the output if the Console Window is to
the right, also like in SciTE. I tried to dock it there, but it only
docks to the bottom.

Michele

Osuka Adartse

michele said:
Very nice!

One thing I can't find is the "Block Comment" command (Ctrl-Q in
SciTE), which is something I really need.

How do you remove the thick line under class and def?

Sometimes it's easier to read the output if the Console Window is to
the right, also like in SciTE. I tried to dock it there, but it only
docks to the bottom.

Michele
Use the macro menu(register script|quick register) to bind a script in
RDE/scripts to Ctrl+q

I use alt+c which calls script comment.rb (I think this came with a
previous version of RDE, check the sample scripts)

comment.rb
8<---------------------------
while gets
puts "##{$_}"
end

michele

That seems like one way to do it, although somewhat awkward.

I tried to bind Ctrl-Q to the comment script, but it didn't work. The
strange information I get when trying is not very helpful, and the
information about macro in the help file talks about OLE automation(?).

I tried:
Macro/Register script
Load
I selected comment.rb
result...nothing, just an empty list

Is this a bug or have I forgotten to say magick word?

David Naseby

I tried to bind Ctrl-Q to the comment script, but it didn't work. The
strange information I get when trying is not very helpful, and the
information about macro in the help file talks about OLE automation(?).

I tried:
Macro/Register script
Load
I selected comment.rb
result...nothing, just an empty list

Is this a bug or have I forgotten to say magick word?

Try this instead:
- Load the script into the editor
- Macro/Quick Register
- Hit Ctrl-q (or whatever) in the shortcut
- Select current selection as the target
- Select self as the output
- Deselect the argv required.

daz

Alexandru said:
I think we should wait for the next release :-(.

The next release is equally unlikely to 'Load' a
ruby script and interpret it as a macro config file.

'Add' will add a new script to the list of currently
available scripts.

'Load' will load a new set of scripts that has been
'Save'-d previously (such as the samples provided).

daz

m4dc4p

Just downloaded and installed this (1.0.1) on Windows XP. Had no issues
with install. Just a couple of initial problems:

* Had to modify "Normal" option for "Ruby" to suppress warnings when
running scripts. That is, I added the "-W0" option to "Normal Mode"
* I run with two monitors - my desktop stretches across both. The
"Editor Property" dialog appears in the center of my two monitors (i.e.
split across each one) when I open it. It's clearly opening in the
middle of the desktop, rather than the middle of the current monitor.

Otherwise, looks great. I love the code explorer on the left, and the
code view on the right is an interesting idea, though I don't know how
useful it will turn out to be.

Thanks for the great work!

Alexandru Popescu

#: m4dc4p changed the world a bit at a time by saying on 10/6/2005 7:01 PM :#
Just downloaded and installed this (1.0.1) on Windows XP. Had no issues
with install. Just a couple of initial problems:

* Had to modify "Normal" option for "Ruby" to suppress warnings when
running scripts. That is, I added the "-W0" option to "Normal Mode"
* I run with two monitors - my desktop stretches across both. The
"Editor Property" dialog appears in the center of my two monitors (i.e.
split across each one) when I open it. It's clearly opening in the
middle of the desktop, rather than the middle of the current monitor.

Otherwise, looks great. I love the code explorer on the left, and the
code view on the right is an interesting idea, though I don't know how
useful it will turn out to be.

Thanks for the great work!

Seems like most of the problems with 1.0.0 are fixed, but I am missing my underscores :-(. Is it
something related to the colors I am using?

/alex