[ANN] Ruby Reports 0.8

Gregory Brown

= Ruby Reports 0.8 : The "Evil Goldberg" Edition

After nearly 100 changesets since 0.7.0, Ruport 0.8 is now ready.
This release features a number of enhancements to our formatting
system, lots of fun data manipulation features, and general spiffiness
all around.

Thanks to the folks who helped out with this one!

== What is Ruport?

A simple reporting framework that helps your organize your code to
keep it DRY and also provides the basic tools necessary to build your
applications. (data acquisition, arrangement and manipulation,
presentation, delivery, etc.)

== New in this Release

From the CHANGELOG:

changes since 0.7.2

- Added a number of new data manipulation functions including
subtables, column operations, and custom Record classes.

- Added several helper functions for rendering in the PDF
format, including image and rounded text box support.

- Added class level syntactic sugar for renderers, to simplify
custom format extensions

- Improved our Rope code generation tool by adding file generation
traces, additional rake tasks, and better errors.

- Fixed a number of bugs and improved documentation

- Included several new samples in examples/ dir

- For a list of backwards incompatible changes, see:
http://tinyurl.com/6

== Get It

gem install ruport -y

== Learn More ==

API Docs : api.rubyreports.org
Mailing List : list.rubyreports.org
Trac: code.rubyreports.org
Blog: blog.rubyreports.org

== Acknowledgements ==

The following folks had a hand in this release, in one way or another:

Dudley Flanders, James Healy, Dinko Mehinovic, James Edward Gray II,
Mike Milner, Chris Carter, Stefan Mahlitz, Daniel Einspanjer, Evan
Weaver, Paul Novak, Greg Gibson, Skip Shuda