[ANN] ruby2ruby 1.1.0 Released

Ryan Davis

ruby2ruby version 1.1.0 has been released!

http://seattlerb.rubyforge.org/
http://rubyforge.org/projects/seattlerb

ruby2ruby provides a means of generating pure ruby code easily from
ParseTree's Sexps. This makes making dynamic language processors much
easier in ruby than ever before.

Changes:

== 1.1.0 / 2006-10-11

* 2 major enhancements
* Released separately from ZenHacks.
* Major overhaul/audit from the new ParseTree test infrastructure.
Very complete now.

http://seattlerb.rubyforge.org/
http://rubyforge.org/projects/seattlerb

Ryan Davis

I'd be great if you could do one page articles/demos of little bits of
functionality. So many tools and I have no idea where to start. I
think
RubyInline has been covered sufficiently around the traps, but all the
little libraries in codeforpeople - it'd be good to have a wiki/
site to
show off what it can do.

I try to document these things in my blog, as I have time... I really
should get something out there on ruby2ruby soon tho.

That said, We (seattle.rb) only mess with rubyforge in the
codeforpeople project. The rest of those are Ara's.

Dr Nic

Ryan said:
I try to document these things in my blog, as I have time... I really
should get something out there on ruby2ruby soon tho.

That said, We (seattle.rb) only mess with rubyforge in the
codeforpeople project. The rest of those are Ara's.

Time allocation: Less code, more hype and explanations :)

Nic

Dr Nic

Ryan said:
I'm simply not that good at the hype side of things...

and I've got a bit on my plate... http://www.zenspider.com/~ryand/
status/

I know!! You're a Ruby warrior. Its incredible the code you pump out. (I
like the activity/release status colour scheme by the way).

Re: "time allocation" comment - I'm just being a smartarse.
Re: "more demo articles" comment - I'll go back through your blog.

Cheers
Nic

ara.t.howard

I try to document these things in my blog, as I have time... I really should
get something out there on ruby2ruby soon tho.

That said, We (seattle.rb) only mess with rubyforge in the codeforpeople
project. The rest of those are Ara's.

what do you mean ryan? now that you have cvs i expect you'll clean up the
rest of them too!

;-)

-a

Ryan Davis

what do you mean ryan? now that you have cvs i expect you'll clean
up the
rest of them too!

So you've (FINALLY) gone and put all the rest of the packages in
CVS??? :p