[ANN] RuportDay2006: A day of fun, prizes, and reporting software!

Gregory Brown

Hi everyone,

This is one of those ideas that I can't decide if it's crazy or
awesome, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

Basically, I plan to have all of my work done for Google's Summer of
Code, and have Ruport basically prepared for it's first stable release
(0.5.0), in the next week or so.

The only thing that is missing is some heavy community scrutiny, some
documentation, and just the general effect of people hammering away at
code that's still green.

So here is my idea of how to stabilize and polish Ruport in a hurry,
and also help people learn some of the new features from the Summer of
Code, as well as just get a general feel:

Turn it into a contest! Basically, you can rack up points for
finding bugs, squashing bugs, proposing API changes / feature
additions, writing docs, etc.

The person with the most points at the end of the day will win a $75
gift certificate to thinkgeek.com, in which you may purchase whatever
swag, caffiene, or other strange thing you choose.

This is a 24 hour contest on 2006.08.13
It will also be an opportunity for people to learn about Ruport, as I
will be around for pretty much the whole 24 hours to answer questions.

If this sounds fun and interesting, check out the details at:
http://ruport.infogami.com/RuportDay2006

Please register if you'd like to participate, it literally consists of
putting your name on a wiki page. I'd like to know if there are going
to be at least a few interested people, so I'm not staying up 24 hours
for nothing ;)