[ANN] Spectrum further enriches Eclpse IDE user experience with its latest SpectrumSCM 2.1.2 release

Sudarshan Raghavan

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SpectrumSCM Further Enriches Eclipse IDE User Experience
-- SpectrumSCM adds new features unmatched by any other SCM vendors to
enhance productivity with its latest SpectrumSCM 2.1.2 Release

Atlanta - February 7th, 2005: Atlanta-based Spectrum Software, Inc., a
systems designer and developer of software productivity tools, announced
today the immediate availability of significant new features to its Eclipse
3.0 and Eclipse 2.1 plugin for SpectrumSCM, its enterprise Source
Configuration Management tool, with the latest version SpectrumSCM 2.1.2.
Eclipse is an award-winning universal platform for tools integration,
software modeling and testing that has been broadly adopted by commercial
vendors, academic institutions and open technology developers.

SpectrumSCM is the first truly integrated, platform independent,
full-featured (Version Control, Issue Tracking, Change Management, Process
Management/Control, Workflow, Release Management, Parallel Development)
source configuration management system in the market place that provides
full CM functionality. SpectrumSCM is a flexible, process based system that
can be used to manage the entire project lifecycle. SpectrumSCM provides
comprehensive source configuration management for any 'e-Asset' from
origination through delivery, maintenance, and support.

These new features will provide significant flexibility to developers using
the Eclipse IDE to undertake parallel development, handle branching issues,
change management and manage/track/audit tasks associated with these changes
much more efficiently, directly from within their Eclipse environment. "We
believe we are the first SCM vendor to provide such a depth and breadth of
advanced SCM features without developer having to leave their Eclipse
environment." said Adrian Raybould, Director of Software Development at
Spectrum Software.

"Many of these features were feature requests from our current Eclipse
customers. Continuing with our trend, in this release we are pleased to have
included many such requests to the delight of our customers. Once again we
have demonstrated a solid example of the ownership we have created amongst
our users with their investment in SpectrumSCM, their chosen CM tool." said
Sarathi Srinivasan, President and CEO, Spectrum Software Inc.

"This is yet another reflection of our continued commitment to enrich the
experience of an Eclipse user, when they use SpectrumSCM as their enterprise
SCM tool." added Adrian.

The following features are all available directly from within the Eclipse
IDE and some of them are unique only to SpectrumSCM:

Seamless integration between issue management and version control
Ability to create and self assign tasks from within Eclipse
Tight association between issues and changes to project level assets
Enhanced reporting for CRs, ability to define custom report viewers and add
notes to CRs
Ability to progress CRs or assign CRs to another user (based on permissions)
Seamless integration with the process management and roles/permission model
supported by SpectrumSCM
Enhanced support for advanced branching and parallel development techniques
in SpectrumSCM
Support for both pessimistic file locking and concurrent file editing for
both ASCII and binary files
Automatic detection of files that have been checked out concurrently and
enhanced merge support for concurrent checkouts
Support for common and uncommon checkout, which allow the user to propagate
changes across several branches or isolate the changes to a branch
Integration with SpectrumSCM Proxy, which offers a solution for distributed
development in bandwidth constrained environments
Support for user specific local root directory (workspace), which allows
users to checkin and checkout projects as a unit and files directly under a
project
New synchronization feature, which allows users to quickly determine files
that are out of Sync with the repository
Other enhancements including sorting of files and CRs in views, support for
ignored resources and ability to open repository files without an extract to
the workspace.

Availability

SpectrumSCM, and the Eclipse plug-in (no additional cost) is available
directly from Spectrum Software, Inc. For pricing, demos and sales
information, please contact Spectrum sales representative (email:
(e-mail address removed)) at 770-448-8662 (North America).

About Spectrum

Spectrum Software is a decade plus-old, proven software systems design and
services firm providing cost-effective, efficient and quality software
products and services to large and small businesses. Spectrum Software has
three divisions: Software Services, which focuses on outsourcing and leading
software development projects for clients; Spectrum Multimedia, which
creates multimedia-based software products for children; and the Software
Products division, which engineers software tools and products. For more
information on Spectrum Software and SpectrumSCM, check out the company's
Web site at www.spectrumscm.com or call 770.448.8662