ANN: Wing IDE 5.0.1 released

Wingware

Hi,

Wingware has released version 5.0.1 of Wing IDE, our integrated development
environment designed specifically for the Python programming language.

Wing IDE includes a professional quality code editor with vi, emacs, and
other
key bindings, auto-completion, call tips, refactoring, context-aware
auto-editing,
a powerful graphical debugger, version control, unit testing, search,
and many
other features. For details see http://wingware.com/

Changes in this minor release include:

* Support for Python 3.4beta1+
* Fix file type registration on OS X
* Fix potential segfault after using tab to move from field to field
* Fix creating and renaming snippets and snippets tool drop down menu
* Fix exception when closing windows and failure to quit on win32
* Optimize message tool, which could substantially slow down the IDE
* Fix problems setting custom colors via the Editor -> Syntax Coloring
preferences
* Updates and corrections in French localization (thanks to Jean Sanchez)
* Fix intermittant failure to include all selected files in a version
control operation
* Fix switching to alphabetizing file tabs and keeping active tab
visible when there are 2+ splits
* 21 other bug fixes

For details see http://wingware.com/pub/wingide/5.0.1/CHANGELOG.txt

New features in Wing 5 include:

* Now runs native on OS X
* Draggable tools and editors
* Configurable toolbar and editor & project context menus
* Optionally opens a different sets of files in each editor split
* Lockable editor splits
* Optional Python Turbo completion (context-appropriate completion on
all non-symbol keys)
* Sharable color palettes and syntax highlighting configurations
* Auto-editing is on by default (except some operations that have a
learning curve)
* Named file sets
* Sharable launch configurations
* Asynchronous I/O in Debug Probe and Python Shell
* Expanded and rewritten tutorial
* Support for Python 3.4

For more information on what's new in Wing 5, see
http://wingware.com/wingide/whatsnew

Free trial: http://wingware.com/wingide/trial
Downloads: http://wingware.com/downloads
Feature matrix: http://wingware.com/wingide/features
Sales: http://wingware.com/store/purchase
Upgrades: https://wingware.com/store/upgrade

Questions? Don't hesitate to email us at (e-mail address removed).

Thanks,

--

Stephan Deibel
Wingware | Python IDE