[ANN] sqlite 0.8.3

sandro

ANNOUNCE: sqlkit 0.8.3

November, 10 2008

I'm happy to announce release 0.8.3 of sqlkit package for python - the first
public release.

http://sqlkit.argolinux.org/

The package
-----------
SQLkit PyGtk package provides Mask and Table widgets to edit database
data. It's meant as a base for database desktop applications.

The application
---------------
It also provides 'sqledit' a PyGTK application based on sqlkit that can be
used from command line to browse and edit data.

The package has 2 very rich demo suites for sql widgets (the main one in
sqlkit/demo/sql/demo.py) and for layout creation

Main features of sqlkit:
------------------------

* editor of databases in 2 modes: table & mask
* based on sqlalchemy: can cope with many different databases
* very powerfull filtering capabilities:
- each field can be used to filter records
- filter may span relationship
- date filtering possible also on relative basis (good for saved
queries)
* completion on all text field and foreign keys
* very easy way to draw a layout for mask views
* completely effortless editing of relationships
* very easy way to set defaults
* possibility to display totals of numeric fields
* any possible sql constraint can be attached to a Mask or a
Table. It can be expressed a s a normal sqlalchemy query or with
django-like syntax
* sqledit: python script to edit db

Sqlkit is based on:
-------------------
* python (>= 2.4)
* PyGtk
* Sqlalchemy (>= 0.5)
* glade
* dateutils

Dowload & more:
---------------

* http://docs.argolinux.org/sqlkit/sqlkit/download.html
* hg clone http://hg.argolinux.org/py/sqlkit
* google group: http://groups.google.it/group/sqlkit/
* License: GNU GPL

Thorsten Kampe

* sandro (Tue, 11 Nov 2008 11:42:00 GMT)
ANNOUNCE: sqlkit 0.8.3

November, 10 2008

I'm happy to announce release 0.8.3 of sqlkit package for python - the
first public release.

Are you aware that you announced "sqlite 0.8.3" in the subject??!!

Thorsten

sandro

Thorsten Kampe wrote:

Are you aware that you announced "sqlite 0.8.3" in the subject??!!

Ops, I wasn't aware, just too tired... thanks for telling.

Anyhow, since I had some problems in the demo I packaged a new
release...

ANNOUNCE: sqlkit 0.8.3.2

November, 12 2008

* http://sqlkit.argolinux.org/sqlkit/download.html