[ANN] vimrecover 1.0.0 Released

Leslie Viljoen

vimrecover version 1.0.0 has been released!

* http://rubyforge.org/projects/vimrecover/

This package provides a handy command to help you recover from Vim
recovery files.

Vim makes .swp files as you edit your files so that if an edit session
crashes you
can recover the latest changes you haven't saved. Unfortunately
though, there's no
easy way to compare a saved file with the recovery file, so if a
session does crash
you are often left with many .swp files that you have to save under
new names one
by one and compare to the original files.

vimrecover searches for swap files in the current directory, converts them to
files that can be compared to the original files, lets you compare them with
meld, deletes them if they are the same as the original files and generally
helps you clean up the mess.

vimrecover is an interactive command-line program.

Leslie Viljoen

vimrecover version 1.0.0 has been released!

* http://rubyforge.org/projects/vimrecover/

This package provides a handy command to help you recover from Vim
recovery files. [...]
vimrecover is an interactive command-line program.

You're working too hard. In vim :help DiffOrig

Hmmm, and I had been searching for something like that for weeks.
I think vimrecover will end up being faster still.

Although it's hardcoded to use Meld at the moment and
I really need to fix that.