ANN: Watir WebRecorder for Ruby

Marcus Tettmar

Hi,

We have released a free Watir version of our WebRecorder product that
creates Ruby Watir code. WebRecorder is an IE based tabbed browser
which records activity to create Ruby/Watir scripts for
automating/testing web applications in Internet Explorer.

More details and a download here:

http://www.mjtnet.com/watir_webrecorder.htm

Kind Regards,
Marcus Tettmar
Tel: +44 8700 684 523 | Mob: +44 7976 691 276
Skype: marcustettmar | Web: http://www.mjtnet.com/

Keith Lancaster

Marcus,
This looks quite good. Is this "free for now" or "free forever"?

Keith Lancaster

Marcus Tettmar

Hi,

The Watir version of WebRecorder is, and will remain, freeware.

Marcus

Marcus,
This looks quite good. Is this "free for now" or "free forever"?

Keith Lancaster

Kind Regards,
Marcus Tettmar
Tel: +44 8700 684 523 | Mob: +44 7976 691 276
Skype: marcustettmar | Web: http://www.mjtnet.com/

Keith Lancaster

GREAT! I am consulting on a testing engagement where they REALLY need this,
but budgeting for another tool (they already have Rational Robot) would be
politically impossible.
Thanks for releasing this - this will make life easier on a lot of folks!

Keith

Mark

------=_Part_6910_3580522.1143473758849

I just noticed that unfortunately this WebRecorder is no longer available
for download. I was hoping to give it a try.

- Mark

Hi,

The Watir version of WebRecorder is, and will remain, freeware.

Marcus

Kind Regards,
Marcus Tettmar
Tel: +44 8700 684 523 | Mob: +44 7976 691 276
Skype: marcustettmar | Web: http://www.mjtnet.com/

------=_Part_6910_3580522.1143473758849--

alex_f_il

You can also try SW Explorer Automation (www.webunittesting.com).

The program creates an automation API for any Web application which
uses HTML and DHTML and works with Microsoft Internet Explorer. The Web
application becomes programmatically accessible from any .NET language.

SWEA API provides access to Web application controls and content. The
API is generated using SWEA Visual Designer. SWEA Visual Designer helps
create programmable objects from Web page content.

Kev Jackson

You can also try SW Explorer Automation (www.webunittesting.com).

The program creates an automation API for any Web application which
uses HTML and DHTML and works with Microsoft Internet Explorer. The Web
application becomes programmatically accessible from any .NET language.

SWEA API provides access to Web application controls and content. The
API is generated using SWEA Visual Designer. SWEA Visual Designer helps
create programmable objects from Web page content.
I've got to say that this is the exact same response to my request for
gems that could aid with screen-scraping - word for word the same. I
can only conclude that alef_f_il is a sales person for this software and
is promoting it whenever anything regarding watir/scraping etc comes up

Kev

alex_f_il

I am not a sales person. SWExplorerAutomation was developed by me. You
can do much more and with less efforts with SWExplorerAutomation than
with Watir.
BTW. You don't have to buy SWEA to use it.
Good luck with Watir and Ruby!