[Announce] A custom version of SOAP::WSDL released

giovans

Hi all,
I'm not sure if this is the correct place for making
this announce, so please forgive me if I'm out of place.

The SOAP::WSDL page on CPAN appears to be freezed, so I have
released my personal custom version of the module, with some
bug fixed and some feature added.

Namely I have extended the support for the Complex type extensions
and added a simple support for overloaded operations.

You can find some more detail and the file here:

http://giovannisfois.ig3.net/articoli/wsdl.html

Thanks for the attention, have a nice day.

Giovanni

rahed

giovans said:
Hi all,
I'm not sure if this is the correct place for making
this announce, so please forgive me if I'm out of place.

The SOAP::WSDL page on CPAN appears to be freezed, so I have
released my personal custom version of the module, with some
bug fixed and some feature added.

There's also a mailing list (e-mail address removed) for SOAP::Lite at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/soaplite/.

robic0

Do you rat assholes make fuckin money off this pathetic offering?

"Announce" ? What the **** does that fuckin mean? I doubt if any jack off
code by you is any good, and I say this most seriously, what the **** does
your post convey in its heart? Another fucking rippoff................

giovans

robic0 said:
On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 15:29:42 -0700, robic0 wrote:

"Announce" ? What the **** does that fuckin mean? I doubt if any jack off
code by you is any good, and I say this most seriously, what the ****
does your post convey in its heart? Another fucking
rippoff................

Dear robic0,
I'm glad for your interest in my post.

SOAP in general, and WSDL in particular, are bad beasts to cope with.
When I started working on a WSDL project, one year ago, I was lost. But
the SOAP::WSDL module saved my life.

It was a good starting point, but it missed some feature needed by my
particular project, and yes, it had some bug. So I hacked it, for my
purposes. And I made it spending my own higly valuable time.

I have mailed my changes to the original author, and there is no bug forum
or mailing list active on this particular topic. I have had no answer, so
now my heart is in peace.

The CPAN module page has been freezed for almost two years. In software
world its a huge period of time.

Money? Oh, yes, I'm losing money. The server is at my home, eating my
bandwidth and my electricity. I'm not getting rich. My reward is in giving
back to the Perl community a tiny part of what I have get in these years.

My truly hope is that someday the original autor ( thanks a lot Martin
Kutter) will be back whith a shiny new version, fully functional and
bugfree.

While waiting the second advent of the Original Authors, let's have some
fun sharing sources and improving them.

Have a nice day,

giovans

A. Sinan Unur

SOAP in general, and WSDL in particular, are bad beasts to cope with.
When I started working on a WSDL project, one year ago, I was lost.
But the SOAP::WSDL module saved my life.

The CPAN module page has been freezed for almost two years. In
software world its a huge period of time.

You might want to avoid responding to robic0 who is a known troll.

Also, you might want to carry the conversation over to
comp.lang.perl.modules to discuss what you can do to ensure continued
development of the module.

Thanks for your efforts.

Sinan

--