ANNOUNCE: awstats_reader 0.5

Joshua Kugler

ABOUT THE MODULE
================
AwstatsReader is a pythonic interface to AWStats data cache files. Using
it, you can access year and month via dict-like subscripts, and and
individual data points via both dict-like subscripts and attribute-like
accessors.

As of version 0.5, it includes a script for merging AWStats Cache files.

Download: http://azariah.com/open_source.html

ABOUT THE AUTHOR
================
Joshua Kugler ([email protected]) is a programmer and system administator
with over 10 years of industory experience. He is currently looking for a
job. Happen to have one you could offer him? :)
Resume at: http://jjncj.com/papers/KuglerResume.pdf

DISCLAIMER
==========
This is an early-beta release. There are 43 tests which cover most, if not
all of the functionality, but not much documentation. The interface should
be considered stable, but not in concrete. The usage of this project in
a "real world" situation (awstats_cache_merge.py) led to many improvements
to the API.

I wrote this via examples from an AWStats cache file, so I'm sure there are
sections for which I do not have definitions. If you would send me those
sections, I'll be sure to add them.

Right now, this will parse and display cache files from AWStats 6.5. I've
not tested other versions yet, as 6.5 is the only version I've had access
to so far.

REPOSITORY
==========
No public repository yet. Just haven't set it up.

LICENSE
=======
Modified BSD

EXAMPLE
=======
import awstats_reader

obj = awstats_reader.AwstatsReader('/path/to/awstats_logs', 'example.com')

print obj[2007]
print obj[2008][6]
m = obj[2009][7]
print m['general']
# Access like a dictionary...
print m['general']['LastLine']
#...or like an object attribute
print m['general'].LastLine
print m.general.LastLine

FEEDBACK
========
Please send questions/comments/suggestions to (e-mail address removed)
For now, you can find the latest version here:
http://azariah.com/open_source.html