ANNOUNCE: AwstatsReader 0.01

Discussion in 'Python' started by Joshua J. Kugler, Aug 3, 2009.

  1. ABOUT THE MODULE
    ================
    AwstatsReader is an attempt at a pythonic interface to AWStats data
    cache
    files.  Using it, you can access year, month, and individual data points
    via dictionary-like accessors.

    Download here: http://azariah.com/open_source.html

    ABOUT THE AUTHOR
    ================
    Joshua Kugler () is a programmer and system
    administrator
    with over 10 years of industry experience.  He is currently looking for
    job.  Happen to have one you could offer him? :)
    Resume at: http://jjncj.com/papers/KuglerAll.pdf

    DISCLAIMER
    ==========
    This is a "release early, release often" release, codnamed Joshua-hopes-
    somebody-downloads-this-and-likes-code-quality-and-hires-him.

    This is an early release...probably pre-alpha.  There are no tests yet
    (haven't
    generated cache files I can release publically), not much documentation,
    and the interface may change (but I hope not too much).

    And I haven't even put this in a public repository, as the name might
    (but
    probably won't) change.

    I wrote this via examples from an AWStats cache file, so I'm sure there
    are
    sections for which I do not have definitions.  If you would send me
    those
    sections, I'll be sure to add them.

    The error handling is probably a little light.  Certainly could be
    improved.

    Right now, this will parse and display cache files from AWStats 6.5.
    I've
    not
    tested other versions yet, as 6.5 is the only version I've had access to
    so
    far.

    INSTALLATION
    ============
    See INSTALL

    LICENSE
    =======
    See COPYING

    EXAMPLE
    =======
    import AwstatsReader

    obj  =
    AwstatsReader.AwstatsReader('/path/to/awstats_logs', 'example.com')

    print obj[2007]
    print obj[2008][6]
    m = obj[2009][7]
    print m['general']
    # Access like a dictionary...
    print m['general']['LastLine']
    #...or like an object attribute
    print m['general'].LastLine
    print m.general.LastLine

    FEEDBACK
    ========
    Please send questions/comments/suggestions to
    For now, you can find the latest version here:
    http://azariah.com/open_source.html

    Joshua J. Kugler, Aug 3, 2009