ANNOUNCEMENT: ModBox - Open Platform as a Service

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by ModBox, Jan 22, 2009.

  1. ModBox

    ModBox Guest

    ModBox an "Open Platform as a Service" (OPaaS). Ok, what the #@#$ is
    OPaaS? OPaaS is PaaS, but open. Think Force.com/Google App Engine/
    Amazon EC2 - but open. Really open. Not fake open like so much other
    BS services that try to lock you in. In a nutshell, ModBox is a Web-
    based distributed development environment that is completely neutral
    in every way. So, you can use any infrastructure you want, any
    programming language, (e.g., Perl, Ruby on Rails, PHP, Java, etc.) any
    server, any OS, any database, etc. to create/distribute applications.
    Also, because ModBox works over standard HTTP, you can incorporate
    existing applications or web services into the applications you
    create. ModBox brings all the pieces together seemlessly for
    programmers and users. I hope I have borrowed the best ideas from
    IDE's, RAD, frameworks, Web services grid/cloud computing and Open
    Source to make a logical ecosystem which puts a much needed front-end/
    face on all of it. Being a programmer, I know getting programmers
    interested in a new service is key, or as an old friend of mine used
    to say, ignore the programmers and die! With that said, I welcome you
    to Rock the Box and let me know if it makes as much sense to you as it
    does to me. I
    would, of course greatly appreciate any feedback as I am not so bold
    to think I have cracked the code on the 1.0. The URL is below.

    ModBox - Open Platform as a Service:
    http://www.sullivansoftwaresystems.com/modbox

    Thanks for your time.

    Brian Sullivan