annoyance question

Dessie

I have redone, and redone this site forever.
I think I have finally fixed it up cute. One thing
I have it set so that when you click the image map
It opens a new window. Is that annoying?

I do that so that someone can keep browsing while it
loads. I don't know how fast my page is to dial up
users, and I find myself making pages that are too
big, and trying again.

http://dessie.20megsfree.com/
The pigs have a home.

Spartanicus

Kris said:
You give up too easily, IMO.

I argued a point, he refused to counter argue. How do you propose to
keep a discussion going under those circumstances?

Dessie

rf said:
What image map. If there is one there then it is broken :)

How odd that it would work on my computer, and my husbands
computer, but not yours.
I am going to add a row of links to the page, under the image map,
so there's choices. I don't know why I neve thought of that before.

Dessie

Oh, but my page is cute.
On my computer anyway. It doesn't
take a second to load, and everything
works.

What I will do for those with dial up, is create
an optional entrance, with less images.

Dessie

Bagman said:
First: it is your site, you do what you want.
Second: do it again, and again, do not quit doing it again until you are
happy with it.
Third: You are learning, so learn.
Fourth: enjoy, (life is a learning experience, and when you quit
learning, yr dead.)
Fifth: congratulations on your year!
sixth: have a nice holliday!

(btw, I like GIMP too.)

Thanks for the possitivity!
I believe it's back to the drawing board.
The next page will have two options.

Dessie

Redone once again, I hope this is smaller.
I got rid of almost everything. I also tried
to shrink the size of the page. That's hard for me
too, since my screen size is sorta large. Now everything
looks squashed to the left to me. But I am finding
my setting options are the minority.

http://dessie.20megsfree.com/
The pigs have a home.

goodhart

Dessie said:
Redone once again, I hope this is smaller.
I got rid of almost everything. I also tried
to shrink the size of the page. That's hard for me
too, since my screen size is sorta large. Now everything
looks squashed to the left to me. But I am finding
my setting options are the minority.

http://dessie.20megsfree.com/
The pigs have a home.

Your opening screen took well over a minute to load and I gave up on loading
your
low bandwidth page after a minute and a half

Way tooo Slow (Broadband not available in my area)

reduce your image sizes they are still to big.

Kris

Spartanicus said:
I argued a point, he refused to counter argue. How do you propose to
keep a discussion going under those circumstances?

By sticking to the point and not resort to namecalling. Maybe the
discussion should have already stopped when he refused to counterargue.