Any inline SOAP server for J2SE as open source?

Siegfried Steiner

Dear Java-Community,

currently I am looking for a SOAP Server which I can use inline any
Java application *without* using a Servlet or any other J2EE
environment.

I am looking for something like WASP 4.7 from systinet
(http://www.systinet.com/), except that I need an Open Source
implementation in order to equip the COMJATG.NET Platform with SOAP
webservices.

This is why anything similar to WASP is exactly what I am looking for:

Using WASP, you start the SOAP server inside your application (J2SE!)
without configuring any XML-Files: Configuration may be done at
runtime! A webservice (any Java object) may then be published;
additional information needed for SOAP is generated at runtime!

The client works accordingly: Just define an interface with the
methods (and signatures) for the webservice you want to use. A proxy
behaving as if it were this interface is generated at runtime.

What makes this tool very interesting to me is that there is no
special make process necessary for the webservices to be used: You may
publish and consume the webservices dynamically at runtime!

We from COMJAT.NET want to enable SOAP webservices for the Open Source
COMJAT.NET Platform (http://www.comjat.net).

This flexibility is currently only achieved with COMJAT.NET's own
remote method invocation architecture (Remotor), which's flexibility
enables mobile agents to publish webservices as needed, desktop
applications may offer their own services for Peer-To-Peer or Grid
Computing, new services may be provided, others may be shut down.
Using SOAP in the same manner would enable entirely new areas of
application!

Does anybody know of a SOAP Open Source implementation with similar
features such as the one of systinet?

Many thanks for your answers beforehand!

Best regards,
Siegfried Steiner