Any way to include an HTML form with server-side controls?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by paul.hester, Sep 5, 2006.

  1. paul.hester

    paul.hester Guest

    Hi all,

    I have a page with a mutli view control where one of the views needs to
    contain a separate HTML get form with a submit button that goes to
    another page. In ASP this was no problem - there was no container form
    and it just went to the target page. In ASP .NET however, there is a
    container form and having an embedded form breaks the page. Adding
    another server-side form just gets the "A page can have only one
    server-side Form tag" runtime error.

    I need to have some server-side logic in the HTML form to determine
    whether it is displayed or not. I can use the same form and catch the
    server-side Click event for the other button, but that relies on
    javascript to wire up a default button for the main form.

    How can I achive this in .NET *without using javascript*?

    Thanks,

    Paul

    paul.hester, Sep 5, 2006