Any weblogic 8 experts out there?

laredotornado

Hi,
We are using WebLogic 8.1 on Solrais 8. We are trying to come up
with optimal db connection pool settings. We have maxcapacity = 15,
allowshrinking = true, and shrinkfrequency = 900 seconds. Does this
mean we can have a maximum of 15 concurrent connections to the
database? What happens if a 16th tries to come in? Also, shrinking
kicks in every 15 minutes, but will shrinking automatically close open,
active connections, or will it only close idle connections?

Thanks for any help, - Dave

Roedy Green

We are using WebLogic 8.1 on Solrais 8. We are trying to come up
with optimal db connection pool settings.

Note how fewer and fewer questions are about Java or even the Java
library. They are more and more about how to use some of the complex
software written in Java. This is a good sign that the documentation
for Java itself must be improving.

Gerbrand van Dieijen

Roedy Green schreef:
Note how fewer and fewer questions are about Java or even the Java
library. They are more and more about how to use some of the complex
software written in Java. This is a good sign that the documentation
for Java itself must be improving.

Or nobody succeeds in reading it at all and starts with the tools right
away ;-)

Joined
Sep 26, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
>>Does this mean we can have a maximum of 15 concurrent connections to the
database?

Yes, it means you can have only 15 connections to the database

>>What happens if a 16th tries to come in?

You will see the error 'Reached maximum capacity of pool'

>>Also, shrinking
kicks in every 15 minutes, but will shrinking automatically close open,
active connections, or will it only close idle connections?

Shrinking closes only idle connections. It does not close active connections.