Anyone Considering Hiring Roy Schestowitz. Check USENET First!

***** charles

Rex Ballard said:
OK, I think you might win the "computer pack-rat" award.

I have an original PC-XT with a 5M hard drive and 640K of ram. It
has MS-DOS 6.22 and WordPerfect, Lotus and DBase on it.
Does this come anywhere close?

later.....

Rex Ballard

***** charles said:
If you actually had read the licensing agreement from M$ (EULA) OEM
licenses are only good for the one machine that had the original
installation.

Actually, I have read the various EULA terms. The machines licensed
for XP have much tighter restrictions on transfer than the ones
licensed for NT 4.0

Each EULA becomes more and more restrictive, and additional
restrictions are added with each service pack.
Legally they are NOT transferable you can only legally tranfer the RETAIL
versions. The Product Key is "locked" to the original motherboard.

Very true with XP. Which is why most of these machines, which I
purchased with NT or 2K, were either left in their "pristine state", or
converted to Linux. One machine is NT 4 upgraded to XP.

I'm just overlicensed out the eyeballs.