Anyone implemented customized Realm for Tomcat and other J2EE ?

jacksuyu

There are several Realm classes in Tomcat, but seems none of them 100%
fit our requirement.

We are going to implement a customized version of Realm. It looks like
the Realm interface used in Tomcat belongs to apache, could I create a
realm general in other J2EE platform?
Especially websphere?

Thanks.

Adam Maass

There are several Realm classes in Tomcat, but seems none of them 100%
fit our requirement.

We are going to implement a customized version of Realm. It looks like
the Realm interface used in Tomcat belongs to apache, could I create a
realm general in other J2EE platform?
Especially websphere?

Thanks.

Realm is a Tomcat-specific notion, though they plug into the Sevlet
specification's notion of security.

Other container will have different ways of doing security. Tomcat Realms
won't easily port.

-- Adam