anyone interested in decompilation

QuantumG

Philip said:
Can I suggest you move to somewhere like comp.programming.misc?

Can I suggest you move to comp.lang.c.moderated? That *is* what it is
for.

QuantumG

Richard Bos

Ivan Vecerina said:
: Turning a C executable back into C code is like turning a hamburger
: into a cow.
: Period.

You mean, like extracting DNA from the hamburger cells
to generate a clone ?

Cooked hamburger, yes.

Richard

MQ

QuantumG said:
Can I suggest you move to comp.lang.c.moderated? That *is* what it is
for.

Nobody ever goes to c.l.c.m, or so it seems. No questions appear to be
answered

QuantumG

MQ said:
Nobody ever goes to c.l.c.m, or so it seems. No questions appear to be
answered

What does that tell you about moderated newsgroups? Similarly, can you
infer what result the topic police have on unmoderated newsgroups?

QuantumG

Philip Potter

QuantumG said:
What does that tell you about moderated newsgroups? Similarly, can you
infer what result the topic police have on unmoderated newsgroups?

Broken logic. Topic police != moderators.

Moderated newsgroups are unpopular because:
* Skilled moderators who are prepared to give up their time must be found,
and in quantity
* Rapid discussion is impossible due to the moderation process.

Topic police have neither of these problems. It's better to assume people
will post on-topic, and point out to them when they are off-topic, than to
assume people will post off-topic and slow down those who post on-topic.

Philip

QuantumG

Philip said:
Topic police have neither of these problems. It's better to assume people
will post on-topic, and point out to them when they are off-topic, than to
assume people will post off-topic and slow down those who post on-topic.

It's better to talk about anything than it is to talk about what people
should and shouldn't be talking about.

QuantumG

Chris Dollin

QuantumG said:
It's better to talk about anything than it is to talk about what people
should and shouldn't be talking about.

It's better to talk topically than talk about topicality.

Decompilation isn't topical here.

Nelu

Good point. The regs are going to have to come up with a new metaphor.

Not really, if you consider DNA as symbolic information then the
metaphor still stands as it is.

apoelstra

Gee, I'm sorry. Please don't kick me... oh wait, this isn't a
moderated newsgroup. I'll talk about whatever the hell I like. If you
don't want to talk about decompilers, don't reply to a thread which is
clearly about decompilers.

Wow. You just single-handedly forced me to figure out how to set up my
killfile. Nice going, retard.

Kenny McCormack

Wow. You just single-handedly forced me to figure out how to set up my
killfile. Nice going, retard.

Yes, god forbid anyone should actually learn anything as a result of
anything posted to this group. That just won't do. It gets in the way
of the two main activities - namely, abusing newbies and quoting chapter
and verse like televangelists.

You should be thanking him, nimrod.

apoelstra

Yes, god forbid anyone should actually learn anything as a result of
anything posted to this group. That just won't do. It gets in the way
of the two main activities - namely, abusing newbies and quoting chapter
and verse like televangelists.

You should be thanking him, nimrod.

Actually, thank /you/ for posting a message so that I can get your
headers, Kenny. (Also, I apologize for using "retard" in a derogatory
sense. A better word would have been "moron".)

Tom St Denis

Kenny said:
Yes, god forbid anyone should actually learn anything as a result of
anything posted to this group. That just won't do. It gets in the way
of the two main activities - namely, abusing newbies and quoting chapter
and verse like televangelists.

If you don't like the groups topics, post in another group? Why is it
more logical and "right" to post off-topic rants in comp.lang.c instead
of just posting them in another more appropriate group?

If your question/post isn't about the C language, it doesn't belong
here. That's just called manners.

Tom

Nick Keighley

QuantumG said:
MQ wrote:

What does that tell you about moderated newsgroups? Similarly, can you
infer what result the topic police have on unmoderated newsgroups?

they discourage idiots like you?

Christopher Benson-Manica

Tom St Denis said:
Kenny McCormack wrote:
If you don't like the groups topics, post in another group?

It's best just to ignore Kenny, unless you would like the thankless
job of correcting his misleading statements.

Al Balmer

Gee, I'm sorry. Please don't kick me... oh wait, this isn't a
moderated newsgroup. I'll talk about whatever the hell I like. If you
don't want to talk about decompilers, don't reply to a thread which is
clearly about decompilers.

Don't persist in pushing your way into a newsgroup which is clearly
*not* about decompilers. If you had the courtesy to monitor the group
for a bit, or research it in the Google archives, you would know what
is topical here.I'm amazed that this thread has persisted so long. You have the
distinction of being only the second person I've ever kill-filed from
this group. I suspect it won't be long before you and McCormack are
left alone to talk to each other.

Take your posting to rec.crafts.beads - that's unmoderated, too.