Apache Perl Problem...Help!

onalos

Okay....you will have to excuse me because I am not fluent in linux at
all. My unix admin was recently let go without a replacement and so I
have inherited it until they do so.The box itself is never touched and
so I am unsure what went wrong. Upon booting up the server, everything
appears fine. However, after just a few minutes things start to hang
and the website the box is serving is inaccessible. I went into system
monitor and looked at the processes. There were a number of httpd
processes that were running and a process called perl under one them
that seemed to be eating up all the memory in the system which has 1gb
worth. The process dies after a couple of minutes but then comes back
and it creeps right back up again to where the system is practically
unresponsive. It just keeps doing this over and over again. The site
we are running is done in php and I dont believe it uses perl at all.
I was hoping somone could help me figure out whats going on and/or
help me with turning perl off or something. Any help would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Matt