API delay issue on Godaddy shared hosting

Reaction score
Hoping someone can help me with this strange behavior.
I am hosting on Godaddy. We are busy developing a mobile app that connects to a DB via normal php API's. All
API's have worked well for over a year. About 3 months ago some of the API's would only create a response after a delay of up to minute. So I might open a screen....API calls to receive data and update the screen....when I make a change and go back into the screen the change wont show...but only after I re-enter again after few minutes. I disabled my firewall but issue remains.

Any advice please?

Reaction score
It sounds like there may be some network or server issues causing the delay in response times. Here are a few steps you could try to troubleshoot the issue:
  1. Check server logs: Check the server logs for any error messages or warnings that could provide some insight into what's causing the delay.
  2. Test API response times: Use a tool like Postman or curl to test the response times of the affected API endpoints. This can help you determine if the issue is specific to your mobile app or if it's a server-side problem.
  3. Check network connectivity: Make sure that your mobile app has a stable and reliable network connection. You could also try accessing the API endpoints from a different network to see if the issue persists.
  4. Contact GoDaddy support: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, contact GoDaddy support for assistance. They may be able to provide more specific troubleshooting steps or investigate any server-related issues that could be causing the delay.

Ask a Question