API to determine traveling distance between two locations?

Aldric Giacomoni

Hi all,

I am looking for an API to allow me to look up traveling distance
between two locations. That is the only bit of information I need, now
and ever. I would use the Google maps API but there's a requirement to
make the service available to end users, and the service I want to
provide is for company purposes only. Does anybody know of anything I
could use?

Thanks,
--Aldric

Joel VanderWerf

Aldric said:
Hi all,

I am looking for an API to allow me to look up traveling distance
between two locations. That is the only bit of information I need, now
and ever. I would use the Google maps API but there's a requirement to
make the service available to end users, and the service I want to
provide is for company purposes only. Does anybody know of anything I
could use?

http://www.movable-type.co.uk/scripts/latlong.html

Just need to translate from js. HTH.

Aldric Giacomoni

Joel said:
Oh, just realized maybe you mean road distance, rather than great circle
distance. Sorry, don't know a free service for that.
Yep.. That's what I mean :/
Thanks anyway!

--Aldric