App fails to load resource assembly with "Setup failed with hr =0x80070005"

Achim Domma

Hi,

I try to develop a localized Asp.Net 1.1 application. I have added two
resource files to my app, which are called 'Labels.resx' and
'Labels.de.resx'. If I compile the app, I see a 'de' subfolder in my
'bin' folder and the folder contains the resource dll.

Accessing the german strings does not work. After a lot of debugging I
managed to get fuslogvw.exe to work and got a result like this:

[...]

LOG: Attempting download of new URL
file:///C:/WINDOWS/[...]/Administration.resources.DLL.

LOG: Attempting download of new URL
file:///C:/develop/[...]/bin/de/Administration.resources.DLL.

LOG: Assembly download was successful. Attempting setup of file:
C:\develop\[...]\bin\de\Administration.resources.DLL

LOG: Entering download cache setup phase.

ERR: Setup failed with hr = 0x80070005.

ERR: Failed to complete setup of assembly (hr = 0x80070005). Probing
terminated.

So it looks like Asp.Net tries to load the correct assembly, but loading
the assembly fails for mysterious reasons. Google does not help much. It
tells me, that 0x80070005 seems to be some kind of access denied. As far
as I see, this should not be the problem in my case!?

Any hint what might be going wrong?

regards,
Achim