App segmentation fault (CentOS 6.5)

Reginaldo

Hi,

I have a GUI app that is written using wx. When I run it on CentOS 6.5, the following error messages are displayed and the app closes:

(python:10096): Pango-WARNING **: shaping failure, expect ugly output. shape-engine='BasicEngineFc', font='DejaVu Sans 10.9990234375', text=''

(python:10096): Pango-CRITICAL **: pango_layout_get_line_count: assertion `layout != NULL' failed

(python:10096): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_draw_layout: assertion `PANGO_IS_LAYOUT (layout)' failed
Segmentation fault

I checked if this was a font issue, but the font is installed on the system.

I use an idle thread in my application.

Could some let me know what the problem may be in this case? Thank you!

Python Version used: 2.6.6
wxPython Version used: 2.8.11

Mark H Harris

I have a GUI app that is written using wx. When I run it on CentOS 6.5, the following error messages are displayed and the app closes:

Only fails on CentOS ?

I use an idle thread in my application.

Is your CentOS launching idle with -n switch ?

What is different on this setup ?

Have you tried more than one CentOS system?

marcus

Terry Reedy

Only fails on CentOS ?

Is your CentOS launching idle with -n switch ?

I am quite sure that his 'idle thread' had nothing to do with Idle.
Rather, it should be a thread that runs when the app is otherwise idle.
However, if he were trying to run wx and Idle/tk in the same process, I
would expect problems.

Wesley

在 2014å¹´4月24日星期四UTC+8上åˆ2æ—¶08分29秒,Reginaldo写é“:
Hi,

I have a GUI app that is written using wx. When I run it on CentOS 6.5, the following error messages are displayed and the app closes:

(python:10096): Pango-WARNING **: shaping failure, expect ugly output. shape-engine='BasicEngineFc', font='DejaVu Sans 10.9990234375', text=''

(python:10096): Pango-CRITICAL **: pango_layout_get_line_count: assertion`layout != NULL' failed

(python:10096): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_draw_layout: assertion `PANGO_IS_LAYOUT (layout)' failed

Segmentation fault

I checked if this was a font issue, but the font is installed on the system.

I use an idle thread in my application.

Could some let me know what the problem may be in this case? Thank you!

Python Version used: 2.6.6

wxPython Version used: 2.8.11

Maybe you can gdb python attach the running pid and check the backtrace.
Severay days ago, I use this guy to address thread hang and memory leak issues.
Just say here if that helps.