Are there any python micro-frameworks (like ruby's Camping)?

Phillip B Oldham

Did you try WebPy?http://webpy.org/Hum, the website seems to be down today

Not yet - I'm hoping the python community can suggest some examples of
micro/small frameworks (which just supply the basics; no forms/
templating/ORM/etc) so I can compare and select the one which suits my
needs.

Michele Simionato

Not yet - I'm hoping the python community can suggest some examples of
micro/small frameworks (which just supply the basics; no forms/
templating/ORM/etc) so I can compare and select the one which suits my
needs.

How about wsgiref in the standard library? It is as small as you can
get without
resorting to CGI.

Phillip B Oldham

How about wsgiref in the standard library? It is as small as you can
get without resorting to CGI.

Interesting... I'll be sure to check that out also.

Someone also mentioned Paste/WebOb, so now I have 3 to test.

Any others?

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

Are there any python micro-frameworks (like ruby's Camping)?

Maybe `CherryPy`!? It's the heart of other frameworks that add
templating, ORM and the like to it.

Another consideration might be `Werkzeug`.

Ciao,
Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

Sam

Maybe `CherryPy`!?  It's the heart of other frameworks that add
templating, ORM and the like to it.

Yeah definitely check out CherryPy. Not sure if it's micro enough for
you, but it's pretty sweet. ;)

Fred Pacquier

Phillip B Oldham said:
Interesting... I'll be sure to check that out also.

Someone also mentioned Paste/WebOb, so now I have 3 to test.

Any others?

I'd add Snakelets (in stasis, but interesting) and Karrigell (alive and
well).

web.py is probably closest to what you're looking for though.