Array to Table

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by jaykappy, Oct 18, 2015.

  1. jaykappy

    jaykappy

    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2015
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    I am doing the below to create a table....it works sort of but was unable to get this to work with my array converted to JSON. I went back to the variable "data" and I was able to show results....but a very simple table and without field name header
    I am not able to figure out how to have table header with field names etc.

    Can anyone help or show a better example to get a table...maybe one with sort options....looking for a better table.

    Code (Javascript):
    function updateGrid3(featureSet) {
        var data = arrayUtils.map(featureSet.features, function (entry, i) {
          return {
            id: entry.attributes.OBJECTID,
            ObsID: entry.attributes.ObsID,
            SppBova: entry.attributes.SppBova,
            COMMON_NAME: entry.attributes.COMMON_NAME,
            GENUS: entry.attributes.GENUS,
            SPECIES: entry.attributes.SPECIES,
            Tier: entry.attributes.Tier,
            FedStatus: entry.attributes.FedStatus,
            TaxaGrp: entry.attributes.TaxaGrp,
          };
        });

        // If you use a store...
        dataStore = new Memory({
            "data": data,
            "idProperty": "id"
        });

    var myJsonString = JSON.stringify(data);
    var json_obj = JSON.parse(myJsonString);

    var arr = (data);
    alert (arr.length);

        var i;
        var out = "<table id=t01>";
        for(i = 0; i < data.length; i++) {
            out += "<tr><td>" +
            arr[i].id +
            "</td><td>" +
            arr[i].ObsID +
            "</td><td>" +
            arr[i].SppBova +
            "</td><td>" +
            arr[i].COMMON_NAME +
            "</td><td>" +
            arr[i].GENUS +
            "</td><td>" +
            arr[i].SPECIES +
            "</td><td>" +
            arr[i].Tier +
            arr[i].FedStatus +
            arr[i].TaxaGrp +
        }
        out += "</table>";
        document.getElementById("id01").innerHTML = out;

    jaykappy, Oct 18, 2015