    Cache.Insert(key, documents, null, Cache.NoAbsoluteExpiration,
    TimeSpan.FromHours(12), System.Web.Caching.CacheItemPriority.Default,
    DocumentsRemovedCallback);

    Guest, Nov 11, 2005

  2. Hi Adam,

    We have reviewed this issue and are currently researching on it. We will
    update you ASAP. Thanks for your patience!

    Kevin Yu
    =======
    rights."

    Kevin Yu [MSFT], Nov 12, 2005

  3. Hi Adam,

    See you again. Seems you've encountered another problem on your .net 2.0
    deployment server ,yes? As for the caching expiration problem you
    mentioned, I'm thinking it may related to the object's size you store in
    the cache collection. What's the "documents" objects you stored and are
    they of large size ? I'd suggest you also tries storing some small objects
    with long period expiration to see whether it will also suffer this problem.

    Thanks,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)

    --------------------

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Nov 14, 2005

    Guest Guest

    Kevin, has there been any update on this issue. I'm encoutering a very
    similar situation on a windows 2000 development box.

    thanks,
    Paul

    Guest, Nov 21, 2005

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Dec 2, 2005

    Guest Guest

    Hi Steven,
    The size of the document is very small, I doubt in this case its related to
    that as sometimes the exact same document stayts around (in all cases Im
    seeing success and failure with the same info in the cache). It's a class
    that serializes to probably under 1k.
    Seems an exception occuring can possibly clear the cache, its being
    investigated now at:
    http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/Produ...edbackid=7e050060-7c9e-410c-9c01-0279752cd1a0

    Thanks for the response though

    Guest, Dec 2, 2005
  7. Thanks for your further followup and the update Adam,

    Regards,

    http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/ProductFeedback/viewfeedback.aspx?feedbackid=7
    e050060-7c9e-410c-9c01-0279752cd1a0

    | Thanks for the response though
    |
    | --
    | Adam Tuliper
    | http://www.secure-coding.com
    |

    | "Steven Cheng[MSFT]" wrote:
    |
    | > Hi Adam,
    | >
    | > See you again. Seems you've encountered another problem on your .net
    2.0
    | > deployment server ,yes? As for the caching expiration problem you
    | > mentioned, I'm thinking it may related to the object's size you store
    in
    | > the cache collection. What's the "documents" objects you stored and are
    | > they of large size ? I'd suggest you also tries storing some small
    objects
    | > with long period expiration to see whether it will also suffer this
    problem.

    | > Thanks,
    | >
    | > Steven Cheng
    | > Microsoft Online Support

    | > rights.)
    | >

    | > --------------------
    | > | From: "=?Utf-8?B?QWRhbQ==?=" <>
    | > | Subject: Asp 2.0: Cache Items Expiring in under a minute when set to
    12
    | > hou
    | > | Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 08:04:03 -0800
    | > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    | > |
    | > | On an xp machine, the caching works as expected. I have deployed to a
    | > win2k
    | > | server, and an item I add to the cache expires almost immediately
    some
    | > times
    | > | and in under a minute in other times. The aspnet_wp process is not
    | > restarting
    | > | during this time, and there are no other requests, so nothing should
    be
    | > | clearing this out. I have added a CacheItemRemovedCallback which
    writes
    | > debug
    | > | info out to a DefaultTraceListener, but no output shows up on the
    win2k
    | > | machine, but works as expected on the xp machine.
    | > |
    | > | Caching code:
    | > |
    | > | Cache.Insert(key, documents, null, Cache.NoAbsoluteExpiration,
    | > | TimeSpan.FromHours(12), System.Web.Caching.CacheItemPriority.Default,
    | > | DocumentsRemovedCallback);
    | > |
    | > |
    | > |