ASP applications form IIS on win NT 4.0 to IIS 6.0 win 2003

Raj

can someone tell us what are the problems / issues while
migrating old ASP applications which are running on win
NT 4.0 to win 2003. we also have some dll but the
developers who wrote then have left the company without
proper documentation so it will be nice to know what we
need to look if the dll are to be migrated form win NT 4
to win 2003

thanks in advance

Jeff Cochran

can someone tell us what are the problems / issues while
migrating old ASP applications which are running on win
NT 4.0 to win 2003. we also have some dll but the
developers who wrote then have left the company without
proper documentation so it will be nice to know what we
need to look if the dll are to be migrated form win NT 4
to win 2003

ASP isn't active by default in IIS6, make sure you allow the web
application. No CDONTS is another issue that bites upgraders. Beyond
that, most everything should work, though permissions are tighter in
IIS6/Server 2003 and Parent Paths aren't enabled by default.

As for DLL's your guess is as good as mine. Try them, then debug them
or recreate them as needed.

Jeff