asp .net 2.0 install

phaniva

Hi,

I have a 2.0 website. I added a web deployment project to it. I also
created a setup project to generate msi file. On my IIS I have both asp
..net 1.1 and 2.0. The virtual directory created by setup is using asp
..net 1.1. I had to manually change asp .net version after install for
the website to work. How do I configure this in the setup to use asp
..net 2.0 for the virtual directory.

thanks
phani

phaniva

I am sorry for the confusion. I know the tab, but I want to know how I
do that configuration through the install program.

thanks

Juan T. Llibre

You can run aspnet_regiis with a batch file to do that.

If you run :
\WINDOWS\MICROSOFT.NET\FRAMEWORK\V1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.exe -s "w3svc/1/ROOT/YourApp"
the application will run against .Net Framework 1.1

if you run :
\WINDOWS\MICROSOFT.NET\FRAMEWORK\V2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -s "w3svc/1/ROOT/YourApp"
the application will run against .Net Framework 2.0

phaniva

thanks that worked like a charm.

I have another silly question. Is .net framework always installed in
%windir% or is there another env variable to get the path for framework
root dir.

thanks
phani

phaniva

If I create a batch file to be executed after the installation, how can
I pass the name of the virtual directory created by setup to batch
script. The installation asks for a virtual directory name, if the user
changes the default name of the VD, is it possible to obtain that name
for passing it to a post build event.

thanks
phani