asp.net 2.0 on apple clients

Thomas

Hi,

We have (must implement) an asp.net (2.0) solution, but the web clients are
apples.
Apple G5 has Safari, Firefox and MS IE installed.

1)
Controls:
Are there known problems with some browsers when using any standard asp.net
2.0 controls?

2)
Tab / Panels (div)
The position of controls in panels are strange (anywhere on the screen or
overlaped with other controls) when using Safari or FireFox, only MS IE
shows the most correctly. (windows IE shows everything correctly)
We have read some infos about the browser.ini (in windows/system32) and to
change the web.config to check the current browser setttungs, but it doesn't
work.
Any tips for doing that?

Thanks
Thomas

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

1) I know of no problems, but I have not tested thoroughly. Browsers can be
a moving target, as none of them are completely standards based. The .NET
2.0 stuff is pretty close (it will get even better in Orcas next year).

2) Overlapping is due to the rendering rules. Setting tables up generally
cures the problem without having to go to a major JavaScript/DHTML kludge,
as you can set for nowrap. This still will not help all of the time, as the
user can do strange things, but cures many of the problems associated with
the way different browsers handle DIVs.

I am not sure the above will cure your issues, but it is a good place to
start.

--
Gregory A. Beamer

Think outside the box!