ASP.net and Printing Landscape

Eric

We have a customer requirement that the final paperwork from an ASP.net
application is formatted and printed Landscape.

What is the best way to achieve this? What are my options?

Thanks

Eric

They want to be able to press a print button on a webform...

They want it to work like a Windows Application where the printer dialog
appears and then they can select the correct printer.

They don't want to have to specify 'Landscape' on that printer dialog

Eliyahu Goldin

They want to be able to press a print button on a webform...
Make a button that will call javascrip print() function.
They want it to work like a Windows Application where the printer dialog
appears and then they can select the correct printer.
It will open the browser's Print dialog.
They don't want to have to specify 'Landscape' on that printer dialog
You don't have any control over the dialog. You can't preset any properties.
You can't stop the user from going to the printer options and setting
whatever layout he wants. Your other option is to employ an ActiveX control
that can let you doing all this, but then you will have to get all the user
to install it on their machines.

Eliyahu

Tim McOwan

Yeah, I agree, did lots of work on this when I was writing a similar web
application. What it came down to was either use an activex or get the users
to set their printer by default to landscape!!!

Here's a thread that you might want to look at:

http://info-x.co.uk/vt.php?t=6665&highlight=

I don't know if I've still got the activex thought :-(